The JMTA, based in New York City, has decided to open its virtual doors to the rest of the world using the web and social media.
One of John’s visions is for his Academy to be a national leader of junior tennis training instruction. Having assembled the most experienced and knowledgeable professional staff in the country, and to spread the Academy’s formula for success, the John McEnroe Academy Blog will publish the following:
- Posts, thoughts and messages from John McEnroe
- Tennis Tips from our JMTA Directors, including Peter Fleming (John’s longtime Doubles partner and seven-time Grand Slam Champio), Robert Kendrick (American ATP Tour Player – career high singles ranking #69), and Academy Director, Lawrence Kleger, coach of current ITF US junior #1, Noah Rubin, and Fritz Buehning (Former Tour Player and US Open finalist – career high #21 in singles and #4 in doubles).
- Fitness Tips from the Academy’s Director of Performance, Sophie Scott (has worked with top British athletes in various sports including Andy Murray, Clint Dempsey, Carlos Bocanegra, and Edwin van der Sar).
- Current tennis news, both pro and junior.
- Junior tournament schedules, information, and results.
- Featured pro, featured junior, featured drill, and featured game of the week.
(Quote from John about the blog; his vision, his expectations, etc… Focus on other coaches and players using the information from the blog to advance their tennis careers.)
To keep up with the speed of New York City, the JMTA blog will be updating consistently during Grand Slams and other important parts of the tennis season. So check back often!