The Combine gives prospects access to the country’s top college coaches, and gives coaches live recruiting access, along with detailed tennis, mental toughness and ﬁtness performance reporting, helping them to ﬁnd the right recruits for their programs. Match results from the Combine count toward Universal Tennis Ratings (UTR).
Prospects who apply for entry into the Combine are evaluated using a variety of objectives designed to identify the most talented player pool and those most likely to be actively recruited. Applicants accepted into the JMTA Combine will be posted on the JMTA College Combine website and will be notified via email by April 15, 2017. Applicant’s that are not accepted will also be notified by April 15, 2017 and will receive a full refund.
The Combine provides all participant players with:
Players Eligible to Apply
- Personal Player Portal, including player preferences, current rankings, key competitive highlights, contact information, and, after the Combine, 'shareable' reports and assessment results from the Combine;
- Live Match Play in front of the coaches in attendance, with tracked match play results that count toward each player's Universal Tennis Rating (UTR), and video highlights to be logged and shared;
- Athletic Performance Assessment by the JMTA Performance Team;
- Mental Toughness Assessment performed by JMTA Director of Mental Performance and Toughness, Dr. Domagoj Lausic and his team;
- Detailed Tennis Analytics Analysis of one match; analysis of additional Combine matches available for an additional cost. Tennis Analytics service films and charts matches, and provides a detailed analysis of key performance indicators.
Space is limited to 60 Boys and 60 Girls entering their high school sophomore, junior or senior years in September 2017. Players from the New York Metropolitan Area and various other parts of the US, as well as from Puerto Rico and Greece, participated in the 2016 Combine.
Men's and women's college coaches from Harvard, Columbia, North Carolina, Tulane, Yale, Wesleyan, Stony Brook, Bryant, St. John’s, Union and Colgate are currently committed to attend with many others pending.
JMTA College Combine Location
The JMTA Combine is held at SPORTIME Randall’s Island, New York City's premier tennis destination and the NYC home of the John McEnroe Tennis Academy. To find out more about JMTA programming or about SPORTIME Randall's Island, please contact Jay Karl at 212-427-6150 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
About SPORTIME/JMTA's College Advisory Service
SPORTIME and the John McEnroe Tennis Academy understand what it takes to be a champion – it's in our DNA. Our SPORTIME/JMTA College Placement Advisory Service has helped our JMTA scholar/athletes to navigate the college recruitment process and to procure tennis-based scholarships at some of the finest colleges and universities in the country. And we are just getting started. Contact email@example.com
to find out more.